22 Mar 2012

Eric Miles part 1

Found this amazing photographer on flickr
The way he makes action shots and puts himself in the landscape are incredible.
His name is Eric Miles from Cannock, UK

"Luddite photographer- only recently gone digital- keen on Classic Motocross [- never! ] As a teenager, I used a 35mm camera which cost £9 in1963. For a couple of outings, I scrounged a Practika IVb off an uncle. In 1970 I bought a Practika L and then an LTL in 1977- which I dropped on a block of concrete in 2002. Even East German utility jobs don't survive that treatment! I disinterred the Practika L. then bought a Olympus OM10 second hand in 2005. Was given a second OM10 in 2008 by someone who'd just gone digital and couldn't bear to bin it. Was eventually arm-twisted into buying a Nikon D7000. Still think the best cautionary tale about cameras and what they do is that of Bert Hardy and the 'Blackpool' Picture Post cover... "

Check his work here
This is just a small selection
Tomorow I will post part two of his amazing work


































1 comment:

mp said...

amazing photos